I (Marc) heard from LeAnne this morning about 8:30am (7:30pm Kaz time). Everyone got to Almaty safe and sound. She said the kids did great on the car ride and airplane. They got a little fussy while the girls were running errands today. I think that they are glad to be getting out. LeAnne said they went out for lunch and had spaghetti and then went out for dinner as well.
There's no wireless in the apartment. They bought internet cards, but the connection is very slow, so I don't know if she'll do more posts. She said the area around the apartment is a little sketchy, but once you get inside it's fine. It's the same one Scott and Susan Cole stayed in, so she had some prior info on the place.
Apparently, the appointments with the embassy are earlier than expected, so they could come home a day or two early, but LeAnne said the flights from Frankfurt are pretty booked. For now she's still planning to arrive next Tuesday in Charlotte around 3:30pm.
I post any updates as I get them.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad to hear things are progressing.
I hope that you all have safe journies.
Love,
Aunt Ann
Mark - Clare and i are definitely planning on meeting Le Anne and Elle at the airport next week. Please keep me posted as to their flight info so we can join the group for the big welcome home. We cannot wait to meet Ms. Elle!
Thanks for the update Marc! Glad to hear all is well in Almaty - oh how I miss it!
Post a Comment