Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Giant and The Peanut











Today we had our visit in the same room as our travel partners, Ben and Gia (aka Angela), because the hospital was full of sick kids. They needed our room for another patient, so we were able to see the room that Elloree and Griffin have lived in side by side for 3 months. It was fun being with them for a change of pace. We did get a few pictures of the big boy and the tiny girl. Griffin is a very happy boy once he has been feed. Today we saw first hand the stories we have heard of Griffin protesting to the bottle taking too long. He makes the funniest noises, like an angry elephant. Elloree just looked over at him and gave him her best shot of a response. She still has her tiny baby voice, so it was not very impressive. She is doing very well and Gia even commented on how well she can focus on an object for a long amount of time. She is very aware of her surroundings and is a little frustrated that she can't control her head very well to be able to turn quickly to catch everything.








Our first night in the cottage was great. Our roommates, David, Carrie and Miss Kathryn Ryan, are great. Last night Marc made a wonderful dinner of Chicken Parmesan, cucumber and onion salad, and of course garlic bread. It was delicious. We had a great night sleep, other than the dogs barking outside the window, the bed is very comfortable. The shower was great and it is so nice to have a big open kitchen. Inna met us at the cottage this morning to say she was working on getting the Internet fixed. After our visit we came home to Luba's, the house keepers, beautiful, gold toothed grin. We missed Luba and love every minute we have with her. We walked in and poof the Internet had been fixed while we were out. Marc made another wonderful meal of veggie pizza. We are now just enjoying surfing the web on the other side of the world.








7 comments:

Anonymous said...

These pictures get cuter and cuter! I am anxious to see Rhys' response to the other man in Elle's life. I'll post again later.
Love,
Nana

Ann said...

I love checking in everyday.
I am glad that things are going well. Elle you are just the cutest little lady.
Love,
Aunt Ann

The Metz Family said...

Okay, okay, the kids are cute and all, but what about THE SANTA!!?!

kidding ;-) lovin' the pics, and so glad you have another good group of friends to share this one with!

Love,
The Metz's

Maureen Powers said...

HAHAHA - I'm also curious to know about the Santa :)

Anonymous said...

Rhys was very happy to see that his sister already had a friend named Griffin.When pointing toward the picture, he said in the sweetest little voice... oh,that's MY baby...She's so tiny...I love her! Even though she's not the pick-up truck he really wanted, I think he is gradually beginning to warm up to the IDEA of her.
Hope things continue to go well.
Love,
Nana, Kickey & Rhys

wpajanet said...

I love being able to see pictures and hear about you guys hanging out with the Ryan family and Ben & Gia. That's awesome! Hugs to everyone for me and especially all three of those sweet Kaz babies!!
Love ya!
Janet

Kathy Reardon said...

Elle is absolutely gorgeous. I cannot wait to see her in person. The pictures are amazing and it seeems like your trip is going really well so far. Hope Sype works. I am sure you are dying to talk with Rhys! Much love sent from back home!