
A few months ago while out shopping, yeah, yeah no surprise there, I heard a woman speaking Russian. I stood there and listened and had this wonderful feeling come across me. I felt like I had gone home. I looked over to see this beautiful young blond woman and her mother conversing in Russian on their day of shopping. I loved to hear them speak one of the languages of our children's birth country. They were so gentle and kind, usually in Kazakhstan the language sounds so harsh. I stood there with tears in my eyes remembering how much I wanted to go back to Kaz, and how much I look forward to shopping with my daughter one day. When they walked off I looked down and realized I held in my hands the most beautiful pale pink baby blanket that resembles a bed of roses. Every time I wrap our daughter in this blanket, I will remember the day I heard the Russian lullabies between that beautiful mother and daughter.

No comments:
Post a Comment