Wednesday, May 14, 2008
HER NAME
Marc and I have discussed the idea of naming our daughter after the small town in South Carolina my mom spent her summers. This name is not really to honor my moms past as much as it is just a wonderful place in my mind. I grew up hearing stories of spending time in this tiny quaint town. She stayed with her Grandmother, who was the towns telephone operator, in an apartment on the main street just above the pharmacy. She told tales of adventures, wonder and pure joy of being a kid. Every time we pass the sign on the interstate for Elloree SC I think of what a wonderful childhood my mother had there. I want this same joy to be with our daughter every day of her life. We are curious which spelling everyone likes. Please vote on the poll, if it won't let you just leave it in a comment. If any of you have another spelling let me know and I will add it to the list. Ultimately we will choose the spelling that works the best with her given Kazakh name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Dear LeAnne and Marc,
I can't wait.
I'll bet you are excited, also.
How's Mr. Rhys dealing with the thought of a little sister?
Love,
Aunt Ann
I thought Elari was an option.
Your loving husband,
Marc
Aunt Ann,
I don't think you heard this story. LeAnne asked Rhys a few weekis ago if he wanted a little brother or a sister. He stopped for a second, rolled his eyes to the side, put his finger on his chin, and said "HMMM"....A pickup truck!"
I voted for Elloree, but what about Ellorye?
Just so you know, since Jim and I are voting from the same IP address, it only shows us as one vote, but we both voted for Ellory. Just to be fair....:)
Post a Comment